Pages



Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas Traditions



I love love love Christmas Traditions with our family. This year we even added a new one to the mix, which I can't wait to start doing every year! Sorry in advance if this post is a little long, but I couldn't leave a tradition out! :)


Tree Decorating
Every year we pick up our tree from a local store, that brings in trees from many local farmers. We love picking out our tree together. While David and the men load it on the car, I always take Tensley inside to pick out an ornament, this year we got to pick out 2 baby ornaments for Everley. Can't wait till next year she picks out an ornament on her own!

Tensley's ornament 2015




Breakfast with Santa
This is a new tradition for us this year. My God-Mama Amy invites us every year, but for some reason this was the first year we could go. She use to take Trent when he was younger, I love that she wanted to include me and the girls in the fun. Breakfast is held every year at the Hotel Roanoke. All morning Tensley kept talking about how fancy this was and how she felt just like Fancy Nancy! :)





Christmas Lights
Every year we put our pajamas on, grab snacks, and hot chocolate then we drive around down to look at Christmas Lights. This year was extra special because Everley got to join in on the fun, but David actually wore pajamas this year for the FIRST TIME! Small victories people. Next year we are hoping we can all go in Starbucks for a real treat. ;)





Christmas Movies
I love sitting downstairs, by the fire watching multiple Christmas Movies as a family. We typically always watch Elf multiple times (it's Tensley's favorite). Then its like pulling teeth to get David to sit down to watch White Christmas with us. I think he just enjoys giving me a hard time about that being my favorite movie. I was so thrilled to introduce Everley to the best movie this year. She seemed to really enjoy it..okay for all of like 10 minutes before it was bedtime.






Seeing the Christmas Trees
This is probably my favorite tradition we have and I feel like this year we rushed through it. I'm so bummed. The Hotel Roanoke and many local business sponsor put up multiple Christmas Trees throughout the Hotel. All decorated differently and different themes. It was fun watching Everley see the Trees for the first time, but I highly don't recommend taking a stroller inside to walk around the hotel. Also make sure your 4yr won't be hungry before you go or else she may beg, whine, and beg some more to eat at the Hotel Restaurant.


She loves picking her sister up!


The year of Star Wars #neverseenit

With squirmy babies, sometimes this is the best picture you can get!
I truly love this photo and this season though!




Does anyone else feel like this December flew by? I mean I know that I say that every year, but this Christmas season I feel like I just blinked at Christmas was over. 

No comments :

Post a Comment