Pages



Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday || "Momfessional Moments"


I am so excited for today's show and tell, not only am I excited to share some of my "momfessional moments" but I can't wait to read others. While I sat down trying to think of some of my own moments with the girls, I keeping coming back to a moment my mom use to tell me about. So I thought I'd share with that.

This is my mom and I on our 18th birthday

Darlene's Momfessional Moment: When I was a kid, my mother use to buy regular vanilla yogurt. Then she would freeze it and tell me it was ice cream! Her argument was that it cheaper (single mom) and healthier. I have no idea when I truly had real ice cream, but it explains why I love frozen yogurt and sorbet so stinking much! Thanks Mama! 






When Tensley was about 2.5 she saw a cherry tomato for the first time while we were shopping at Kroger. She instantly thought they were red grapes, begged that I buy them. So did, sure enough that child pretty much ate her weight in 'red grapes' To this day (she is currently 4) she still calls them 'red grapes' I will cry when she realizes they are not grapes and has been eating a veggie this entire time! #juststaylittle



Every year right after we push our clocks back an hour, we force Tensley to start going to bed an entire hour earlier. Typically she was going to bed between 8:00-8:30, now we start getting ready for bed at 7. Since she can't tell time yet, we pass it off that it's dark outside. One night we even convinced her to go to bed at 6:30 (she had a really rough day). I'm afraid this maybe our last year doing this, she is starting to recognize numbers. Why is getting so smart and big.
Again #juststaylittle




So I am not a cat person. Yes they are cute, fluffy and all. However I'm just not a fan and have no desire to own a cat. Sorry. 
Tensley loves cats. She thinks they are adorable. She has been asking for a Cat. 
When I was in High School I was allergy tested for different things. 
Yep Cats came up, well only partially. 
That's right I'm partially allergic to cats. Meaning I'd have to be around them for a long long time to be effected. Or I could just take allergy meds or shot, then we could have a Cat. 
Except I don't really like Cats.
So as far as Tensley is concerned. 
"My mom is allergic to cats!"
Yep. That's my case and I'm sticking to it. 
:) 














3 comments :

  1. Haha! Love these! And if you just buy grape tomatoes then they really are "red grapes"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your momfessionals, they're great. And I may be able to help you with one of mine!!
    For "more than one or two years" when the time change came about we didn't move our living room clock because that was the "bedtime clock" and we didn't want Gavin to know he had another hour!! Eeek!! :-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good idea! We haven't bought a clock yet for our living room area, we can't decide on the perfect one. I will have to keep this in mind once we get a clock. May need to make sure her bedroom clock doesn't change when the time changes then ;)

      Delete